BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Star To The Stars

Running after your dreams can be quite challenging sometimes. I realized that we are quite afraid of our own dreams. It's great having them but the challenge is being the person that would make the dream come to pass. I have these great dreams of doing great things; leaving a mark on earth in my lifetime, but sometimes my heart palpitates, my hands tremble just at the thought of it.

I tried writing down one of those dreams/ambitions the other day. Just the thought of it, and it felt as if my heart was going to jump off the middle of my thorax. Funny how we are sometimes so afraid of such things.

Maybe because we can't really see with our eyes; our future. That's why we are so afraid. It's like walking in a pitch black forest. I was reminded of this time when I went jungle trekking in my uni days as part of a leadership training camp. It was at night and everything was pitch black (what do you expect... hahaha)! They dropped us off at various points in the jungle to be in solitude. Crazy! I didn't feel solace at all. I felt as if there were like a million pairs of eyes watching me. It felt as if there were a pair of eyes from the tree, above the tree, below the tree and everywhere else 'cause i was surrounded by trees.

It was quite a scary experience because all I could do was grope around in the dark. Can you imagine groping around and discovering that another hand is groping your hand?... gulp. Shudder. Shudder.

All I did was just tell myself that it was just another exercise and that I'm going to be fine! True enough... I'm alive and blogging! You just got to see beyond the current situations and know that things are gonna be great!

So why this mad, random rambling? I just found out that this little girl (my friend's sis) whom I use to help out is now playing basketball in an open championship. She used to come to me when she was still 5 or 6 and ask me to teach her to shoot hoops. I don't think I did much except to just help her dribble the ball around and 'layan' a little girl. The fact of the matter is that now, she's playing bball for real! It made my day!

It got me thinking... maybe that's how you leave a mark on earth in your lifetime! Help others become stars in their own right. By doing that, you become a star. Better put; a star to the stars!

0 comments: