BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Falling Giants

Times are a little tough. In the backdrop of all the economic turmoil in the world today:

  • AIG receiving a whopping $85 billion rescue in funds from the American government

The solution: Sell off Ronaldo... better still, sell off Manchester United... to Petronas, Malaysia... hahaha.



(Now put the three together and you'll get an amazing jersey - jalur tong gas merah gemilang. Translated: The glorious stripes of the red gas cylinder... No more the red devils!)
  • Merrill Lynch & Co. being bought by Bank of America for a mere $50 billion (Can you imagine that?... it's like a fraction of the price...)
  • Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. going bankrupt

As I said, in the midst of the fall of all these investment giants... I, another giant at 1.90 m also had a terrible fall!

Yup... you heard it right! I, Dev Menon, had a super fly fall in full view of the public in the bus interchange while running for the bus. I didn't realize that the floor was wet... (until now I'm still puzzled why the floor was wet... it wasn't raining this morning... some kid must have emptied the water from the water bottle his mum gave him!)

I basically flew up in the air and landed, full body weight, on my left thigh...


Yes... my legs are quite hairy... I can't imagine how the bruise is going to look tomorrow!

At the same time, I scratched my arms by the curb... So now it looks like I was slashed by a parang... a really small parang

I was then brought for treatment to a Chinese Sensei (for the first time ever in my life...). To tell you the truth, I never had a very good impression of them. I think it's due to too many kung fu movies with the sensei releasing power to the victim and he starts vomiting blood and all.

I was expecting something like a really horrible and painful twisting and bending of my thighs... the Sensei said, "No need do that..." He went on to say the terrible 'A' word; ACUPUNCTURE!

I freaked out! Needles and me never ever go together! I tried to wiggle my way out but to no avail... So...
Yup... I took down my pants for the sensei and he poked me with all these tiny needles...

You see the needle that is at the upper right of the screen? That hurt the most!

However, after the acupuncture, my thighs did feel a little light... for a short while. Then the pain returned again... Sad!

I tried reading on acupuncture points but I just couldn't stomach it. My imagination started running wild; imagining all those points being "accurately" "punctured" with thousands of tiny needles. I have a very low pain threshold...

So there you have it... it's not just investment and banking giants that are gritting their teeth and walking with a limp. I am the latest addition to the statistics... Sigh! *Grits teeth and walks away limping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey are u okie...??? i can't imagine MU with the Petronas things man... i do agree selling ronaldo ;> haha.... AIG share price is down almost 95% from 70-plus to 2.64....i wonder who will sponser MU next...??? mayb a DUbai guy....

Dev said...

Hahaha. A dubai guy is the likeliest... since it's alr dubaian, maybe they'll just get a dubaian soccer player to replace ronaldo! Change AIG logo to DIG... Dubai Investment Group... hahaha