BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Boybands Pop!

New Kids on the Block, Take That, Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync, Westlife... What's the big deal with them? They were the craze back in the day with their balloon pants, weird 90's hairstyle and super soapy ballads that got all the gals (and some guys...) chanting their names, throwing their underwears onto the stage in concerts, sticking countless posters all around the room and some
even building an "altar" devoted to their "idols"!


New Kids on the Block...


Take That... (They might as well just kiss each other...)


Backstreet Boys... (All of them have got leg problems... can't stand properly... fell down at Interchange... hahaha)


'Nsync... Thank God for Justin... (the only good thing that came out from boybands)


Westlife... (No words can express what I feel about this picture... how do they actually stomach taking this shot?... and they all look a little constipated, don't they?)

Now, you may think that I'm a hater but I don't think I am. I really did try to accept them as much as I can but they never fail to do the silliest things... just look at all the shots taken above! How can you not feel like taking a shovel and knocking all their heads...

Ok, ok... I know I grew up listening to Michael Jackson, Suede, Prodigy, Tupac, Oasis... a bit dark and they aren't the perfect role models as well... (think Michael Jackson and lil' boys) but at least they are great performers who defined cutting edge in their times....

I know I'm just being a little biased and everybody has their own taste in music. Some bands appeal more to others than the rest... I can accept that but... *sigh.

Why this talk about boybands? Just the other day I saw the latest video from New Kids on the Block. Yup, looking not so new and not very 'kid', they are back to the block with their infectious new hit "Summertime". This is not something new as recently, a whole bunch of boybands are making a comeback.

So I have decided to just show you their videos and you tell me what you think. It'll be great to see all those old, famous poses and dances that boybands are so famous for... the old vids as well as the new ones.


NKOTB - Step by Step (old)


NKOTB - Summertime (new)


Take That - Back for Good (old)... got to admit, this song is not too bad! The rain is classic boyband though... hahaha!


Take That - Patience (new)


Backstreet Boys - Get Down (old)


Backstreet Boys - Incomplete (new)

A leopard never loses its spots huh? You can see that the pattern is still there!

Do tell us what you think... Boybands Pop!

0 comments: