BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Xin Nian Kuai Le

Bakkwa mania is here! Xin nian kuai le everybody!I know it may sound a little weird that I'm into the whole Chinese New Year thingy but it's true, I'm into the whole CNY thingy. Growing up in a chinese town with chinese friends since childhood has caused me to appreciate this festival deeply.

What do I appreciate the most about Chinese New Year?

BAKKWA (ROU GAN)

This is the chinese pork jerky... yum yum! Sinfully delicious, I always look forward to this CNY delight every year and I make it a point to ONLY eat this during the CNY season. Honestly, it's a sinful pleasure to indulge in bakkwa with the oil dipping and all but hey... it's once a year!



This is one of the famous Bee Cheng Hiang stores in Singapore selling Bakkwa. Bee Cheng Hiang is one of the favourite brands and the queue at this particular store is always long!
HONG BAO
I love hong bao (red packets)... who doesn't right? Of course with money inside! Lots of money inside... hahaha. The worst is you open it to find 40 cents or something. Don't laugh... somebody experienced this before. Just pray that it doesn't happen to you.



REUNIONS
That's the other thing I like about Chinese New Year, you get to meet up with old buddies!
So here's to all... Happy Chinese New Year... Xin Nian Kuai Le... Gong xi ni...! (*Dev performing the lion dance as he fades off the stage...!)

0 comments: