BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Langkawi Part 2

Here's part 2 of my adventures. Take it like a scrapbook adventure blog... Hahaha!


Lunch at the Magrove - Barn Thai Restaurant. These are the friends I made during my mangrove trip.


Dead tired treking!

We were at the Floating Fish Farm. I'm not a big fan of sea creatures so it's a rather new experience on my part.


Horse shoe crab... Dan was saying that it looks like a scene from Aliens vs Predator.


Cave exploration


We actually went through this cave opening to get to our destination. Great skills on the boatman's part!


A shot of a butterfly in the forest I was treking in. Spot the butterfly. Sorry, camera lenses isn't powerful enough! New lenses... anyone?


One of the villas at The Datai. It's around RM 1800 per night for a villa surrounded by the rainforest. Feels like a kampung to me... hahaha.


Datai Bay is quite private, serene and relaxing. You get the feeling jsut by seeing this pic.


On a buggy ride at The Datai, an amazing boutique resort situated at Datai Bay, claimed to be the best beach at Langkawi. I like Tanjung Rhu as well. Torn between the two!


Long time since I saw this scene... hahaha. I was driving and then... I had to wait... wait... wait some more!


In order to reach Telaga Tujuh (Seven Wells), you need climb up. From the bottom, it looks as if the staircase is never ending. However, there are benches along the way for you to rest. While I was going up, some really old people were coming down. Even though they were slower and rested a lot at the benches, I salute them for their love for thrills and adventure.


This is the view at Telaga Tujuh. If I'm not mistaken, this is Telaga #4. For some particular reason, I had a very high expectation of the whole thing and it kind of fell short of my expectation.


Here I am... tired, hot and frowning at Telaga Tujuh.


This is the view from Gunung Mat Cincang. You can see the Petronas Quay from here. The road to drive out of this place is actually along the coastal line so you can imagine the journey out of this place.


Landscape from the mountain!


Nature's spotlight... hahaha!

Whe you take the cable up to the highest peak, you get to walk along this bridge which gives you a great view. Not for the weak at heart... hahaha. Just kidding. It's really very safe.


Monkey attack! Apart from the gramatical error, you really should pay attention to this sign. They steal everything. I was on an open sea kayak trip from one island to another and on one of the stops, I left my water bottle in the kayak. To my horror of horrors, I came back to find the water bottle empty. The monkey uncapped the bottle, drank the water and capped the bottle back again. Intelligent but mischiveous creatures!


Pulau Dayang Bunting's small jetty.




Water reflecting off Tasik Dayang Bunting.


As you can see, I didn't take this picture by myself. I happened to be in this cable car together with a gay couple. I struck a conversation with them and we were chatting awhile. I guess people are still people and they don't want to be treated like they are something 'odd' or in this sense, 'queer'. I've got to admit, they are very very conscious about the way they look in front of people as well as the camera. Interesting moment; alone in a cable car with a gay couple with nowhere to go! Hahaha.


This is my ride in Pulau Langkawi. Not too bad, quite sporty!


The money shot of the White-bellied Sea-eagle. It's a little blur because the birds move really fast and my camera lenses aren't as powerful! A glimpse of National Geographic in action!


This is the Brahminy Kite or the Red-backed Sea-eagle. This is the official bird of Langkawi. Langkawi actually consists of the words 'Lang' which comes from Helang meaning eagle and 'Kawi' meaning red = Red Eagle!


The birds going in for the catch!

0 comments: